Tuesday 17 May 2011

All dressed up .....

I started out by applying air drying modeling paste to the top of the form ( you could use impasto, but I wanted the imprint of the stamping to be bolder)  you don't need any special treatment for the modeling paste to adhere,  its fine to use straight onto the form.




Then with a silicon stamp, press firmly into the paste, I allowed about 15 minutes before I painted the paste with acrylic paint and allowed this to dry over night ( this gave the modeling paste time to dry out completely)

There were a few cracks that developed over night - that's not a problem, you just use a little modeling paste to fill them in so they are not so noticeable, then a quick cover up with your paint on the repaired cracks.

Next  I used gold rub'n buff all over the surface, then sprayed a generous amount of black/gold glimmer mist over the top of the rub 'n buff ( having the rub 'n buff under the glimmer allows the gold to show through the glimmer) , but if you want a bolder gold - glimmer first.

Next I dressed the form with the Glitz Design Afternoon Muse paper and handmade paper flowers.

Thanks for looking 
Jan





2 comments: