Thursday 21 July 2011

My latest DT Pack ...

To say I was just a wee bit excited about my new DT pack, would be a wee bit of an understatement.
I'm not sure if it was a happy coincidence, or if my small obsession with butterflies was considered when my pack was chosen.....but I was over the moon when I peaked in my pack.

 I have wanted to decorate a print tray for ages, but never got around to doing one. I have seen  so many beautiful examples of altered mini trays of late , from the lacy romantic styles, to steam punk and eclectic collection shrines , so here is my version .
 I painted the tray with a mix of Pine green and Australian red acrylic paint ( this mix gave it a deep charcoal grey colour)
I used a different section of the Merchant collection 6x6 paper in each compartment of the tray,
 my fairies are from a vintage beauties collage sheet ( I have had these in my stash for a few years now and Im not sure if you can still buy them) and they are winged with Collections Rose butterflies,
 a Tim Holtz ideologies keyhole, some very old pen nibs from my stash and two metal butterflies , the smaller on is tucked behind a piece of the Calligraphy transparency.
 The " if you can dream" is stamped black polymer clay with a little "old gold" Rub n Buff
 and I tore the edges of the clay for effect.
 I really loved making my little book, it was a photo copy of  an old book cover ( scaled down on the home printer)and printed on some parchment paper - normal copy paper doesn't work as well as the parchment paper, to make the book to look convincing.
 I glued the cover to  a piece of cardboard , heavily distressed and inked the edges. Then made pages from a music sheets to fill the book.
 I used Dusty Attic Fancy corners and painted over them with Mod Podge Dimensional Magic
( Im still undecided weather I will use a little gold Rub n Buff on the corners yet) I wonder what you think .
thanks for visiting...
Jan

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful Jan! I've had one of these for yonks, but haven't done anything with it yet...

    ReplyDelete
  2. FABulous job Jan. *Ü* I love everything about it....the colours, the little attention to detail, the butterflies, fairies, keys, nibs and the little notebook - everything. TFS. ~Glen~

    ReplyDelete